Monday, October 24, 2016

Top Ten, Live Action 90's Kids Movies

Long time, no post- sincere apologies to my readers! To get back into the swing of things, here is a favorite type of post here at Shemp Headquarters, THE MOVIE LIST.


Top Ten, Live Action 90's Kids Movies:

10. Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey 

(88% Rotten Tomatoes)

I would spend a day with Shadow, Chance & Sassy in a heartbeat. 

"My name is Chance. I know, it sounds odd, but most names do if you think about it long enough... maybe even yours. I was abandoned when I was very young. I lived on the streets scrounging for food sleeping wherever I could; that seemed like fun at first, but pretty soon, it landed me behind bars. But I don't like to talk about that; let's talk about after that... when I got my second chance... and my name. You see, this family came along, and I guess you can say they rescued me, because they adopted me and brought me to live at their house. But it was their home, not mine. Still, it was an improvement over that other place: lots of space, fresh air, plenty interesting things to explore, and all the underwear I could eat." -Chance

Image result for homeward bound

9. Casper (44% Rotten Tomatoes)

Christina Ricci owned the 90's and this is a great example. Casper is a well-acted, quirky film that also can be quite a tearjerker. Highlights include the gross uncle ghosts and the chair invention that gets you ready for the morning.

SMELLOGRAM!

Image result for casper

8. Mousehunt (43% Rotten Tomatoes)

Slapstick and dry humor perfectly combine in this odd film.


"A world without string is chaos."

Image result for mousehunt

7. Hocus Pocus (30% Rotten Tomatoes)

Probably the best Halloween movie of the 90's and quite a cult classic among millennials. I love to hate the evil Sanderson sisters and always had a crush on Thackery Binx...

Image result for hocus pocus

6. The Witches (100% Rotten Tomatoes)

Anything Roald Dahl is going to amazing and when you add Angelica Houston, it becomes exponentially so. 

"The wizardry of Jim Henson's Creature Shop and a superbly over-the-top performance by Angelica Huston gives The Witches a good deal of charm and enjoyment." -Variety

Image result for the witches

5. The Mask (77% Rotten Tomatoes)

Somebody stop me! So many Jim Carrey 90's flicks to choose from. I chose this one because it is probably the most kid-friendly/funny.

Image result for the mask movie

4. The Addams Family & Addams Family Values 

(60% & 78% Rotten Tomatoes)

Christina Ricci for the win! These movies are so hysterical. 

“Wait, we can not break bread with you. You have taken the land which is rightfully ours. Years from now my people will be forced to live in mobile homes on reservations. Your people will wear cardigans, and drink highballs. We will sell our bracelets by the road sides, and you will play golf, and eat hot hors d'ourves. My people will have pain and degradation. Your people will have stick shifts. The gods of my tribe have spoken. They said do not trust the pilgrims, especially Sarah Miller. And for all of these reasons I have decided to scalp you and burn your village to the ground.”
Image result for the addams family

3. Clifford (9% Rotten Tomatoes)

This is a low rating, man. Wow. This movie is hysterical, maybe people just don't get it. 

Image result for clifford movie

2. Heavyweights (29% Rotten Tomatoes)

Another one that is way too low on the scale. This movie is a classic and shows Ben Stiller in one of the first of many roles he would play the insane, overbearing villain.  

Image result for heavyweights movie

1. Home Alone/ Home Alone 2 

(55% & 24% Rotten Tomatoes)

If you don't agree with this, you're a replicant. 

Christmas nostalgia, comedy, young Macaulay Culkin, Joe Pesci. Come on!

Image result for home alone cheese pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment