Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Shemp's Favorite Sci-Fi & Supernatural TV Shows w/ Best Episode


10) Black Mirror-- "The Entire History of You"

This show creeps me out so much. The episodes start out with these far-fetched ideas that don't really seem like they could happen. But just when you think it's gone too far to be relatable, they reveal aspects of the human condition that hit too close to home. I usually end up watching The Eric Andre show after to cheer myself up.



9) Merlin -- "The Tears of Uther Pendragon"

Merlin, I wish we could go back! Emrys is the cutest, young hipster Merlin to ever exist. This show is family friendly and is not for anyone who is an Arthurian purist. Lots of liberties are taken with this show, but it is just so entertaining, heartwarming, and diverting. Bingeworthy!

8) Stranger Things -- "The Upside Down"

Perhaps the coming of Season 2 will up my ranking of this show. What a pleasant surprise in the TV world, especially with GOT currently on hiatus. I totally dig what the creators and directors are doing to give the viewer a throwback to 80's styles and they have such a good balance of great characters with quirky personalities and truly scary alien encounters. The acting is incredible.


7) Buffy The Vampire Slayer -- "Passion", "Killed By Death"

This is a nostalgic show for me. I spent years of my life watching this show, laughing at Joss Whedon's quirky jokes, having the pants scared off of me, and being completely obsessed with the love lives of these characters. Mr. Pointy!


6) Star Trek: The Next Generation -- "Best of Both Worlds Parts I & II"

Another show that has been in my life forever. I love all of these characters and the worlds they go to. TNG for life! 

I wanted to pick an episode with Q... but there is nothing more terrifying than the Borg.


5) True Blood - "Let's Get Out of Here" or "Cold Ground"

Sexy, campy, and full of every kind of creature! We've got vamps, shifters, witches, fairies, brujos, you name it! Despite the supernatural cast of characters, it is usually the humans that are the most terrifying of all. The show is over-the-top, but a lot of times it ends up making fun of/calling attention to social issues in society. Best seasons are definitely 2 and 4.



Eric Bill Sookie Alcide True Blood Hot

4) The X Files -- "Home"

The original binge-worthy show. I caught some of these when they had originally aired, but our love was rekindled with Netflix. The tension between Scully and Mulder, the aliens... I want to believe! I could watch this show for days.




3) Game of Thrones -"Winter is Coming", "The Lion and The Rose", "Watchers on the Wall"

No words needed. This show is up there on almost everyone's list. There are so many plot points, families, foreign lands, and theories to explore and contemplate. I hate waiting for the next season and yet it gives me plenty of time to re-watch the entire series up until that point. My favorite character has been dead for a very long time now, but I still can't peel myself away from the couch on Sunday nights. #EddardForvever

2) The Twilight Zone, "Eye of the Beholder", "Hitchhiker", "Monsters Are Due on Maple Street"

I have always loved this show. Like many others on this list, it is eerie and intelligent. I look forward to the marathons on holiday weekends, it's like an extra treat on top of an already wonderful time. You can definitely see how Black Mirror was inspired by this show as it implores the same supernatural, far-fetched story lines that ultimately leave you questioning your existence and humanity.

1) Twin Peaks, "May The Giant Be With You", "Beyond Life and Death"

I am a huge David Lynch fan and cannot stop myself from making Twin Peaks number one... it is my favorite television show of all time. Much like my first post about the Top Ten Hottest Actors from the 50's to the 90's, I picked a number one that encompasses the best aspects of 2-10. This is the weirdest, scariest, funniest, and most stylish show I have ever seen. It opened up the flood gates to TV and cinema in a way I had not experienced before. The dry humor Cooper uses slays me. 

Side note: I bingewatched this entire show while living in the Midwest. I had gotten pink eye from some children I was nannying for and watched the entire first season with my right eye swollen shut with puss. Good times! Wouldn't have made it through without Audrey and Coop! <3 Audrey and Cooper forever, Annie sucks!





Agree? Disagree? Agree to disagree? Leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment