Friday, September 23, 2016

The Rise of the Tall, Blond Viking


Have you noticed how many male celebrities are tall, blond and handsome? I have. It's scary how much they look alike. Since I have journeyed from adolescence into womanhood, there have been several hot male stereotypes- such as...

  • The Pirate
  • Hipster Lumberjack
  • Abercrombie Model
  • Boy Band Member w/Frosted Tips 
  • Prepster 
  • Grungy/Dirty Hipster 
As you can see, I have no shortage of examples of male hottie trends. But now, it is time to move on to the look de jour and one I personally feel is timeless. 

The Tall, Blond Viking

Image result for historical viking painting

The Viking stereotype, as I am defining it, is a man who is tall with broad shoulders, a ripped body, long, blond hair, and blue eyes. He has to be handsome, but rugged and not a "pretty boy". So someone like Chris Pine would be out because of that. 

The characters they play have to be rugged as well. They also have to be natural leaders, strong on the battlefield, faithful to their people, and a hot lover.

Let the dreaming begin, right?

Below I have three current actors who fit the bill. The idea came to me when I thought about just how similar they all look.

Chris Hemsworth
Image result for chris hemsworth thor

It is no surprise that this actor actually plays Thor, god of thunder. 

Charlie Hunnam
Jax Teller! He definitely looks like a viking and is featured in a King Arthur flick as, you guessed it, King Arthur. He has that not-of-this-time vibe and looks that can kill.

Travis Fimmel
Image result for ragnar lothbrok

This actor actually PLAYS a viking. I don't know what came first, the chicken or the egg, but Travis could be Charlie's twin. The similarities are out of control.


I AM SERIOUSLY hoping that this trend is here to stay. Give me long blond hair, a great body, and piercing blue eyes ANY DAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment